Friday, September 13, 2013

The Amazing, Mind-Boggling, Ridiculously Talented Evelyn Joy













Bonjour!

Today, Evie Joy is a little over 2 months old. At her 2 month check up, she weighed in at 13 pounds, 12.5 oz, and measured 24 inches long! That puts her in the 98% for weight and 90% for height. Wow! She is mostly wearing 6 month size clothes this week (10 weeks old), though we are managing to squeeze her into some of her 3 month onesies because they are still so very new. And with her cloth diapers on, she really can't fit into the 6 month size bottoms any more. :/


Anyway, so a lot has happened in the last few weeks. We have continued to struggle to find a good rhythm in our day or develop any kind of schedule. Since I am the type of person that handles patterns and schedules MUCH better than just going with the flow, we are trying to gently establish a loose schedule, but so far without much luck. She has abruptly decided that she now hates the pacifier! Bizarre. And since her swing has been out of order this week, and she doesn't like the baby carrier unless we're walking in it or swaying constantly, her sleepless days have been exhausting. I have been lucky to get her to take one 40 minute nap during the day, which, even with 10 hours of sleep at night is not enough. So we are working on that this week. :)

One night she slept for 11 hours straight! Granted, this was right after an exhausting family reunion outside and an intense viewing of an OU game (which we won, of course) at Pawpaw and Lovie's house. I actually had to wake her up to feed her in time for us to get to church the next morning. How long she'll sleep tonight is anyone's guess, because her sleeping patterns vary so much.  And her eating patterns changed after the pediatrician visit, since I tried to shorten her eating times and spread them out a little bit. It really didn't work, but made everything worse. :( I think we might have started a better pattern yesterday, though, so I am staying hopeful.


We finally gave up on using our new camera, so I'm back on instagram using filters, etc. We also recently got a new video camera, so we have been making some exciting home videos. Who doesn't love home videos??

Precisely no one.

We finally took a couple "2 Month" photos this week. The speech bubble is actually pointed at Mr. Giraffe, so apparently he is saying "I am two months old!" en francais, but oh well. ha ha. To her left is Mr. Bear, who was named after her Uncle Bo, since we sometimes call him Uncle Bear. I'm not sure why. I guess we just like coming up with crazy names, like Lovie and PawPaw Dutch. But now this means that we have to call Aunt Candy, "Aunt Honey," since Bears love honey. Confused yet?
 We also snapped a few porch pictures with our bundle of Joy, at just over 10 weeks old. Her Mamaw has rightly suggested that we get this photos framed. I think it would be really sweet to have these photos up in her room or in a cluster on the wall, to remind her that she is loved.



Unfortunately, I haven't accomplished much in the homemaking/cleaning/decorating department, but I keep coming up with new ideas on how to improve our sweet little abode.  So hopefully I'll be able to accomplish something soon.


 Also, I had propped up Evelyn on her chest using the Boppy pillow that my sweet neighbor gave me. In a matter of seconds, though, I watched her push herself over the edge of the pillow. I kept watching and taking pictures with my phone, but I wish I'd had the video camera handy, because she just kept going! Without any assistance whatsoever, she kicked and pushed herself over the boppy pillow and ended up lying next to it on the couch. I was shocked!


She also turned herself onto her back in the middle of the night, though we haven't seen this happen with our own eyes yet. We are now trying to be more vigilant with where we set her down so that we don't have any accidents. 

We are still waiting to hear her first laugh. And by "waiting", I mean we are always trying to tickle her or elicit laughter somehow. The smiles have been coming since about week 6, but this week they seemed to be especially abundant! I love making her smile. She has also been "talking" A LOT! A couple weeks ago, she would start talking once or twice a day, but it has been happening more and more often. I love it!


Around here, we spend our days watching French educational videos, taking Lavender baths, dancing to Josephine Baker and Doris Day songs (though really we dance to just about anything)... and hanging out outside in the shade when the weather permits and the mosquitos are scarce. I can't wait to do more with her and hear her talk, et cetera. There is just so much I want to teach her and share with her. I often look forward to the day we can cook together, and the day she tells me about a dream she had or a story she made up. Oh la! But for now, I am so thankful for these quieter days of snuggles and cooing sounds and chubby, dimpled, double-chinned smiles!

Au revoir!

Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment