Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Weeks 33 and 34 and Another Baby Shower

I'm trying to get an update in while watching the tornado watches and storm warnings around here. The weather is really putting a kink in my baby prep work! I've been glued to the tv all day long, while also packing my "bug out" bag and filling out hospital paperwork, just to be extra prepared in the event that I went into pre-term labor during the storms. C'est la vie! At least, in Oklahoma during tornado season, it is.

Micah sent me the link below, which I thought was a really good read. It's mostly a warning to parents to be careful what you post about your little ones, since it can follow them for the rest of their lives. Save the potentially embarrassing stuff for in-person private conversations, and keep in mind that you're little cutie will be an adult in the workforce some day. I thought it was a good thing to keep in mind for myself before I start actually posting photos and updates of Evie this summer. :)


http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2013/05/20/parents-do-you-think-before-you-post/


Below is a very unflattering picture of myself. I think that shirt just makes me look bigger for some reason. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a decent snapshot with the camera through my vanity mirror.



The 34 weeks photo turned out a little better! :)


My lovely sis-in-law, Candice, took it upon herself to throw an amazing baby shower for me at my parents' house! Everyone was blown away by her amazing coordinating and decorating skills. I felt so blessed to have her throw my shower! My mom's talented cake decorating friend, Lori, custom made the cake for the party. I picked navy blue with white polka dots, sort of a running theme that has developed in Evie's room and wardrobe. Lisa added a pink ribbon and adorable fondant blue birds that remind me of Cinderella. She did an amazing job! Also in the photo is one of my baby dresses. I don't remember being so wide... but I think the dress is adorable, and Mom let me take it for Evie!


 Candice let me take home whatever decorations I wanted- so I took home those framed letters, of course! I'm thinking of painting the frames, just because the walls in her room are white. However, Micah has recently begun talking about painting her room after all (technically not allowed, but if our landlord approves of a neutral color, then it just might happen). So maybe I'll wait on that project.


Candice framed and decorated all these signs for the food, drinks, and crafts at the party. Below are a couple of photos of the party favors at the glamorous Iced Tea Bar: Wine glasses personalized with each guests name and a fancy damask design. These were decorated with a special pen so that it doesn't wear off with washing. Everyone was mad about them, of course. :) Also, amazingly enough, it took me a while to realize that my glass was the one labeled "Mommy". Go figure!


For all the little ones that were expected to arrive, Candice personalized sippy cups and plastic cups for them, as well. So brilliant!


At the Iced Tea Bar: Frozen strawberries, raspberries, blue berries, fresh mint, lemons, and a sugar syrup.

Lemonade, water, tea, and a bottle of something sparkly hiding behind the tea. :)


Everyone at the shower was asked to sign a square for a special baby quilt that Candice is sewing together herself. She had me hand-pick the patterns and colors, so I know I'll love the finished product. I hope to post pictures of it when I get it. There was one special square on which Papa drew an artistic picture of a banjo and wrote something funny. He came in after the shower was over, so he's the only guy who gets a square. But then he's Papa so he can do what he wants!



Micah came in after the shower as well, and attacked one of the beautiful blue fondant birds. I knew you wouldn't believe me if I told you, so I'm glad I had my camera handy to prove it!


 The headless bird. Tragic.


My strawberry-raspberry-mint lemonade in my Mommy glass! What a treasure it is! It makes me so happy to see that glass with my "new name" on it. :)


Like a silly woman, it never occurred to me to take pictures of the beautiful people who came to the shower! It was so wonderful to have family there- my mom's side is always so reliable and supportive and fun. But I also got to have my Dad's mom, "Mamaw" there, who I don't get to see as often. And of course my lovely friend Rachel! They all made it so very special and memorable, and showered Evie with some amazing gifts! We are so blessed. :)

Below is a picture just above the co-sleeper bed that's attached to our bed in front of our new curtains. Micah was so sweet to buy us two sets of curtains the other day and put them up after he got off work yesterday. These will be so helpful to block out sunlight during the day and mornings when Evie and I are trying to get in some much needed shut-eye this summer. I was struck this morning by how beautiful and serene they looked. Evelyn is going to have such a pleasant little set up! Her daddy is doing an amazing job getting things ready for her, and has been working non-stop whenever we are home. I hope to post pictures of some of the other things he's done to prepare for his daughter's arrival.




Natasha W.

No comments:

Post a Comment