Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Twenty-Six Weeks

Weeks 25 through 26 were largely uneventful in the pregnancy department. Not that I'm complaining! Below are a couple of photos to commemorate 25 weeks. 









 And here are a few for 26 weeks! I took these today (which is not the exact day of turning 26 weeks, but that's okay), and realized that we are now under 100 days until Evie's due date! How exciting!


This is my view, although I admit that I was sort of leaning forward. It seemed wrong not to get a glimpse of the yoga pants in the shot.







A few things that are going on right now: 

Lemon bar love. I had been craving them for an entire week before I finally baked a batch myself. Mmmm! Admittedly, these would taste better on a hot, sunny day, so I'll probably be baking them again in the near future. (Also, I still tend to crave things like fresh salsa, ice cream, and all things citrus, just for the record.)


I'm back to drinking Raspberry Leaf tea. I had started it in the first trimester, but then the nausea got so bad that I wasn't able to drink anything hot for a long time. Well, that has changed! This cold, yucky weather has made sipping hot tea all the more enjoyable. Also, raspberry leaf tea is well-known in homeopathic circles for strengthening the uterus, and is recommended for women whether pregnant or not. Don't expect to taste raspberry! However, it is a good, mild tea. I'm planning to brew it double strength and pour it over ice when the weather is warm. 


I didn't post a picture of it, because it is ugly. But my trusty rice pack is another everyday necessity since about two weeks ago. As the back pain continues, I've found that the exercises recommended to me by my midwife are not helping (though I continue to do them anyway), but applying the rice pack twice a day does help. Part of it might just be that it forces me to lie down and rest my back in the afternoons/evenings, as opposed to trying to tough it out for hours at a time in pain. 

I've started taking Papaya Enzymes after most meals, which is working miracles for my pregnant digestive system! I was feeling all out of whack two nights ago, completely unable to sleep comfortably. The next day, I started taking these after meals, and I've felt almost perfect ever since. 


One thing that is soooo not happening right now: Self-Pedicures! I had put off giving myself a pedicure until right before our trip, which is this Friday. I was just sure that it would be no problem. I mean, I'm not that huge or anything yet. So this afternoon, I sat down and quickly learned how wrong I was. My back immediately revolted with stabbing pains every time I tried to lean forward, no matter how I tried to maneuver around the belly. Oy! I toughed it out long enough to look decent, but didn't even attempt the painted french tips I had been pining for. Those will have to wait for the professional touch!


In other news, the Lord has been so good to provide for us and Evie. About a month ago, I'd had a dream that I felt was prophetic. The dream contained a list of things that someone was going to give us- extravagant gifts. Immediately upon waking from the dream, I knew that the Lord was saying that the dream was about the list of things I had been praying for everyday, and that He was going to provide those extravagant gifts. And He did! 

-Micah was blessed to get a new job! This is something we'd been praying and hoping for over the last year, but Micah just interviewed for this new position recently. It will be a huuuuge, life changing experience for Micah to work regular hours during the week, as well as to work indoors on a daily basis. It also involves a pay increase, which is, of course, amazing. I love that this is happening before Evie arrives. The timing seems perfect. :)

-We were able to purchase a vehicle that is suitable for Evie! Previously, we only had a single cab pickup, which would be impossible and illegal to transport an infant in. The Lord allowed us to find a really great deal on an Altima. I'm not sure if we will be keeping two vehicles or selling the truck to help us out financially, but for now it will be great to have two vehicles again. And the truck has been really bad for my back (and also bad for nausea, since you can't recline), so this car is an incredible blessing... and just in time for our trip!

-We are able to go on a Baby Moon! We will also be celebrating our Five Year anniversary a bit, since we aren't planning to take a trip like this in the fall. I have been desperately wanting to get away alone with Micah, as it has been two or more years since we have done so. Hopefully I will have pictures up of our trip soon, which is this weekend. I'm confident that when I get back, I will be ready to settle down and nest for Evelyn's arrival. 

So there are three miracles from my list of prayer requests! Praise the Lord! I know that He will continue to provide for our needs as we transition into this exciting new seasons of life. :)

Natasha W.

No comments:

Post a Comment