Wednesday, September 12, 2012

God In My Waiting

The last few weeks have been some of the most challenging times of my life. It seems that every time I turn around, I am met with a sucker punch kind of emotional pain or spiritual difficulty. Sometimes they come in such quick succession, I would probably laugh it wasn't for all the crying.

What I would like to focus on, though, isn't at all about my present situation. It isn't about the miscarriage. It isn't about the financial issues, the suffering within my family, or the seemingly interminable waiting period in which we now find ourselves. It's about something bigger.

It is God's faithfulness.

The Lord has been so faithful throughout every difficulty, and so I am left blissfully overwhelmed by His love for us. He ushers in peace and comfort, reminds me of His unfailing love for me, and protects me from harm in more ways than I'll ever know here on earth. The Lord's love is steadfast, an anchor amidst the sea of confusion, chaos, and pain.

Charles Spurgeon once said, "I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the Rock of Ages." 

I hope that I am just beginning to take a step in that direction. And right here, right now, I just want to say that the Lord is faithful. He is just. He is merciful. "By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me..." Psalm 42:8 He is always with us. He feels our pain and has compassion for us in our suffering. Who is like Yahweh? There is no greater love in the universe. "The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear?" (Ps 27:1)

Yes, bless the Lord, O my soul. In the midst of every trial, uncertainty, and pain- and even here between the punches, I hope to always sing His praises.

"Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and take heart,
And wait for the Lord."

Psalm 27:14

Cheers and God Bless,
Natasha W.

No comments:

Post a Comment