Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Know Thyself


     Lately, I've stopped writing with the intent of being read. Rather, I’ve begun to write for the purpose of understanding life more fully. 
I've realized that I write to know myself. I've found that I don't truly know my own heart, my own mind, my own fully developed perspective on any certain situation until I've put pen to paper, so to speak. I think when my hands are moving. I suppose this makes sense, too, in light of the fact that I am a kinesthetic learner, and a constant clapper during worship. 
Also, so much of the poetry I've written has begun as some cryptic, ambiguous gob of phrases with nothing more than a mysterious feeling behind it. But after writing and rewriting and pulling threads together and manipulating phrases, I find that the impression that was always there is finally visible even to myself. And so I know myself a little better than before. 
....

In other news, I discovered yesterday that a friend I’ve been visiting with during tutoring every week for two semesters now is a book editor. I’m not one to harp on about networking and connections, but I found this rather coincidental. -Oh, but nothing is coincidental, is it? Providential, perhaps? We shall see. 

     Also, she wears truly chic nautical-themed outfits, with the anchor designs and blue and white stripes and all. There is a vicious rumor that I have a tendency to gush on about her outfits every single week. Oh, and I started it. 
God bless,
Natasha W.

No comments:

Post a Comment