Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mourning to Dancing

It is an understatement to say that it is amazing what God can do. But I suppose the statement seems to beg the question, "Are you amazed?" And I am right now, quite amazed.

He takes our mourning and turns it into dancing.
He takes our weeping and turns it into laughing.
He takes our sadness and turns it into joy.

Things that I used to find entirely fascinating and desirable- perhaps we shall call them "must have's", now do not hold my attention in the slightest.

Elegant storefronts, covetous excellence in any number of medias, all seem quite... transparent.

There is something beyond and above them that I long for, and can see now that they were only obstacles in my way... painful detours and pointless scenic routes tripping me up in my desire for something deeper.

Praise God, He gives sight to the blind!

Natasha W. 

2 comments:

  1. This is the second blog in a row that speaks pointedly to my heart. You are the second friend who is letting go, selling the treasures here to go purchase that field with the buried treasure. And you do s so happily! When faced with the prospect myself, I desperately clutch at the temporary pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. * Embarrassed that I just now found this comment ^ *
    Brittany, I struggled for several months before God revealed to me that the ending of the story is a really good one for those who believe. I think we have to pursue the reality of eternity, or we will get swept up in the lie that this life is really about us having a good time as long as we can, as much as we can, and making our own names greater than everyone else's (and loving God on the side). I know exactly the feeling of wanting to let go, and yet clutching at the temporary anyway. It's a spiritual battle beyond what makes logical sense. I will be praying for your battle. And if we aren't letting go happily... then I don't know that we are really letting go. Our emotions tell us something about our beliefs, you know? We have joy because we KNOW that, "having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross." Col 2:15 In the end, we get Jesus, the hero of our story. In the end, we live happily ever after in our hero's kingdom! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete