Thursday, March 24, 2011

Yesterday, I...

...deactivated my facebook.

Still hating that this is such a big deal to me.

...fell in love with the eternal Springtime of Myrtle Reed's novel, Lavender and Old Lace. If a book could become your best friend, I daresay this one would be mine. The sweetness of the characters, the cleverness of the dialogue, the mastery of the diction, and the enchantment of the imagery. It takes my breath away. Another plus is the potato-chip-thickness of the pages, and the overwhelming aroma of years passed. It is classic. Timeless. It has all the excitement of youth, and the nostalgia of old age. I want to share it with everyone. Especially you.

...rested. More fully and intentionally than I have in a very long time. What a blessing! It was like floating along the river of peace. I was in a daze of enchantment all day long.

...had Come Softly to Me, by the Fleetwoods, stuck in my head. Such a melody.

...made lattes with my Beloved, chatted with my Mom about those notorious bad days we sometimes have, and enjoyed hand-washing my dishes, twice. Yes, I enjoy it very much.

...made pan-seared tilapia with saute'ed vegetables and rice. For the first time. With only a few emergency phone calls to my mother in the process.

Carry on.

Love,
Natasha 

1 comment:

  1. Hello there dear friend!

    I must read this book. I'm in need of a good one.

    I'm thinking that we need to meet halfway soon. and I'm totally not even kidding. Or I'll just come to Texas. I miss you so much and need some yaya time in the most desperate way.

    I've found a little corner of Nashville that i've fallen in love with and I think you'd love it too. Old book stores, amazing coffee shops, cute boutiques and adorable roads (please tell me you understand that last one. I mean roads have to be adorable for me to fall in love with a city.)

    Talk to you soon!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete