Saturday, December 4, 2010

Rediscovering the Ronettes and Other Amazing Sounds

I have found that I am indeed rediscovering the Ronettes. And perhaps you are too, just by visiting this blog and listening to the music.

The fabulous Ronettes:





Something of their style and sound remind me of a modern, yet often quite retro singer. In my opinion, probably the most gifted singer I've ever heard. But when being introduced to Duffy, do not fool yourself by listening to just one song. It sometimes takes a few to begin to appreciate her incredible talent and the soul she puts into the songs.



I highly recommend watching this video on youtube: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGK8ynBeASg&feature=fvsr

I cannot wait to get her new album for Christmas and/or my birthday. (Hint, hint!)


And did I mention that I love The AdLibs?? I just do. 





Love,
Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment