Thursday, August 19, 2010

Inspired by It's a Good Day by Perry Como


The little black dress:
- Simple, elegant in that non-chalant sort of way. Work-appropriate.

Product Image Merona® Women's Twisted Neckline Dress - Ebony

A lesson from Doris Day on How to Wear a Sweater:

Day pictured in the early 1950s on the U.S.S. Juneau

And Audrey Hepburn on How to Be Dramatic:

Audrey Hepburn Picture Gallery

The only place I've eaten in Austin, and the only place I'll ever want to:

http://www.bluedahliabistro.com/4menu.html

Blue Dahlia Bistro

Mussels in Sherry Lavender Sauce

Board of Cheeses
-with apple slices, jam, and olives

Visually Stunning Menu and table set-up:


Cappuccino to share:

Creme Brulee with a Raspberry:


The Library Book I erroneously left at a training class, over an hour away from home:

My Cousin Rachel Poster Movie German 11x17 Olivia de Havilland Richard Burton Audrey Dalton

Okay, technically that is a movie poster for the German version of the movie, which was made from the book I left in Buda, TX.

I just watched the first five minutes of the movie, upon which four things happened at once:

1. I wonder why my name cannot be Olivia de Havilland. Darn the luck, I say.
2. I am chagrined to think of watching any more of the movie without Micah, who I just know would love it.
3. I am stunned by how very charming the character Ambrose looks in the movie, and immediately adapt my mental image of him for when I get my book back and am able to finish it.
4. I am once again impressed by a particularly elegant set of curtains, even in black and white.

Cheese-Stuffed Ravioli with Lemon Parm Sauce

-Refrigerated Cheese Stuffed Ravioli
-Juice of 3 Lemons
-Store-Bought Grated Parmesan Cheese (About.... 1/4 Cup?)
-3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
-Walnuts (1/2 Cup)
-Cherry Tomatoes (or Grape Tomatoes), in halves
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1/4 Cup)
-Salt to taste
-Thyme to taste
-Fetta, Crumbled

Cook the ravioli according to package directions. Mix the olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, parmesan, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Once the ravioli is prepared, drizzle with oil to keep from sticking. Plate the pasta. Spoon sauce on top. Sprinkle with walnuts, fetta, and tomatoes.


Love,
Natasha W.

No comments:

Post a Comment